Haversine Forums -> AirTrack - General Issues and Support

App freezed, orizontal bug, notification bug.

Posted on March 13, 2012 06:42 by lucapierino

During Airplane mode on my iPhone 4 FW 5.0.1 the app can't track any GPS signal.

Like is not possible to use the app on a real airplane...

I have another problems:
- when i receive a notification on my phone the app immediately close.
- when rotate the phone in orizontal the app don't shows correctly all information, some tabs are cutted.
( http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/8528/img0902.png )

bye bye Luca Pierino

Posted on April 19, 2012 23:34 by haversine

Hi Luca,

I'm so so sorry for only replying to this now. There has been a bug in the system which has prevented us from receiving notifications on the forum posts, and that, together with being away, lead to an unforgivable delay. It is only now that, by looking at old forum posts, I noticed this message.

But better late then never so here is a reply for what is worth:

1) You cannot turn on airplane mode for getting a GPS signal; The iPhone/iPad airplane mode disables the GPS. Your best option to get a GPS signal on air is to leave Airplane mode off, but disable all forms of outwards communication, i.e. disable Cellular data and don't login into the network with your PIN code; this will leave the device in listening mode but not transmitting.

2) About the notification, I don't know what could be causing it, I will have to check it.

3) This was indeed a bug; I think it has been corrected it in 3.2, let me know if you still have it.

Again, I'm really sorry for the delay,
kind regards,
joao @ airtrack

Note: You need to be logged in to post in the forums.

© 2024 Haversine