Haversine Forums -> AirTrack - General Issues and Support

x-plane 11 FF767-300 AirTack

Posted on May 12, 2017 16:50 by aero943

Recently I bought the FF767-300ER. I have used both AirTrack and AirFMC with no problems. AirFMC works with the 767-300 but AirTrack does not load the Flightplan (Route .flp). I have tested different Flightplan programs but the Aerosoft flp file is not acknowledged and loaded by AirTrack. Am I the only one with this problem? Any suggestions?

Posted on May 13, 2017 09:22 by haversine

This is normal for that plane I'm afraid :(

AirFMC simulates the keyboard and screen of the CDU of the 767 so it works well as it just sends keystrokes and displays what it's told to.

AirTrack on the other hand taps to the XPLMNavigation data of X-Plane and attempts to read/write the flight plan from there.

The problem is that the 767 has its own internal flight plan representation which is not shared with the outside world, so there is no way to send that to AirTrack.

The only solution to this problem is if the 767 in the future stores its flight plan in the corresponding XPLMNavigation data structures of X-Plane or something similar. But for now it's not possible.

What you can do is to re-create the same flight plan for AirTrack and load it independently. You an also do it here on the web site under routes and then just press LOAD in AirTrack and it should be there.

hope this helps,
sorry for the limitations, they're beyond our control,
joao @ haversine

Posted on May 13, 2017 21:33 by aero943

Thanks but I read a different claim for FF767-300ER

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/11694-airtrack-airfmc-plugin/

Does it work for x-plane 10 and not x-plane 11? If this is true please amend the above claim.

Thanks again...

Posted on May 14, 2017 12:42 by haversine

Sorry, what do you mean?

The FF767 is supported by AirFMC (both in X-Plane 10 and 11)

The FF767 is partially supported by AIrTrack; some effort has been put on the plugin to tap into things like its MCP so you can control the plane's auto-pilot for instance. Unfortunately due to the above reasons, this support is partial as we have no way of reading the flight plan.

And applies equally to X-Plane 10 and 11.

Note: You need to be logged in to post in the forums.

© 2024 Haversine