Haversine Forums -> AirTrack - General Issues and Support

Transfer Flight Plan from AirTrack to MSFS2020

Posted on September 4, 2021 06:13 by SpiralAirwave

Hey Devs I just bought this app and am loving it so far! I use the app with MSFS2020 as a data source. I wanted to know if I create a flight plan with the required SIDs and STARs on the AirTrack app, will this flight plan be automatically loaded into the MSFS2020 flight simulator?

I'm asking this as it is much easier to use the AirTrack app to plan a flight route. However, I've not been able to 'import' this AirTrack planned flight route into the MSFS2020 virtual FMC in the simulator itself. As a result, I'm not able to fly the route I planned on AirTrack as the route could not be imported into MSFS2020, and turning on LNAV would only fly the flight plan in the simulator itself instead of the AirTrack flight plan.

May I please know how to import flight plans made on AirTrack to MSFS2020 if doing so is possible?

Thanks very much! Hope my explanation made sense.

Posted on September 4, 2021 11:27 by haversine

Hi,

I'm afraid this isn't currently possible. The MSFS2020 SDK doesn't currently allow access to the flight plan so there is no way of doing this. You can load a flight plan in AirTrack that is similar or the same as the one loaded in 2020, and you can then follow the flight plan in AirTrack using the ND / etc, but it's not possible to connect both of them yet :(

Hope this becomes possible in the future with an SDK update, although normally and probably it will happen the other way around first, i.e. you load a flight plan on the plane MCDU and it should display in AirTrack.

sorry for the limitations, it's all that is possible at the moment with FS2020.

fun flights,
joao @ haversine

Note: You need to be logged in to post in the forums.

© 2024 Haversine