Haversine Forums -> AirTrack - General Issues and Support

X-Plane 12 (MacOS) doesn't play nicely with AirTrack NG

Posted on March 1, 2024 14:04 by jackoat

First... AirTrack NG and AirFMC both run with no issues when flying the default Laminar 737. When running the Garmin 530 (in the stock King Air as an example), the initial flight plan loads and lists properly in AirTrack.

Primary Issue: When an approach is selected (or any other change to the flight plan from within X-Plane) seems AirTrack is left behind.

Separately (happy to open a new topic) AirTrack is NOT picking up Traffic from X-Plane. Neither Multiplayer or AI. Source is set to REAL WORLD (SIMULATOR W/AVAILABLE. Traffic DOES work when the sim is off-line.

Thoughts welcome. Thank you in advance.

Posted on March 2, 2024 20:06 by haversine

Hi,

The first might be a limitation due the Garmin implementation, I'm not sure; essentially anything added to X-Plane's flight plan is sent to airtrack via XPLMNavigation access. Quite possibly when you select an approach in the Garmin, it considers it but doesn't add the points to the flight plan variables. I'll have to check but if it doesn't show there is little hope for that.

As for the second, it should definitely show the AI traffic; I'll have a look and report back.

fun flights,
joao @ haversine

Posted on March 3, 2024 17:08 by haversine

@jackoat I just launched X-Plane, configured a few AI aircraft, the on the ATC page -> Source SIMULATOR, AIRCRAFT / FLIGHTS IN RANGE and I can see all the AI aircraft listed. Usually they have callsigns such CITATION. VISION, SUPER and so on as per Laminar's settings.

When no simulator is available or the simulator doesn't support traffic, this option shows real world traffic sourced from ADSB. This is just to provide a nice default setting, real planes for GPS sources and sim planes for simulator sources.

If you're seeing the message "REAL WORLD (SIMULATOR W/AVAILABLE)" instead of "FROM SIMULATOR" this means that you are not connected to X-Plane.

Does anything else work? PFD/ND from the sim?

Perhaps it got unselected. Check the DATASOURCES page to make sure X-Plane is selected. As soon as you're connected to a data source such as X-Plane, the message should show "FROM SIMULATOR" and you should get AI.

Latest plugin 6.1.0 from http://haversine.com/airtrack/downloads

hope this helps,
let me know,
joao

Note: You need to be logged in to post in the forums.

© 2024 Haversine