Your IP address is: 54.158.214.111

Haversine Forums -> AirTrack - General Issues and Support

Multiple devices?

Posted on January 2, 2012 18:35 by Plaztikman

I am hoping to create a cockpit for flight sim x but instead of using multiple monitors for my game. I would like to use upto 5 iPads and load Airtrack on each device as put the different windows on each one... Is this possible, will fsx support multiple sessions of airtrack on multiple devices?

Thanks so much

Posted on January 3, 2012 00:31 by skyfox

Hi,

In general, yes, you can use as many iPads as you want and connect them all to the same flight simulator session.

The only occasion when this doesn't work is when multicast doesn't work in a particular network and you're forced to use manual configuration via the airtrack.ini file.

So in summary, if you didn't have to enter any IP address in a file, and if AirTrack is running fine with one iPad, it should also run fine with 2, 3, 4, 5 iPads too ... there is no limit.

Enjoy the app!
joao @ airtrack team

Posted on February 20, 2012 23:04 by melancthon

Exactly what I'm hoping to hear - I'm in charge of the flight sim competition for my wife's school (and was the state contact for it a couple years back) and being able to present a virtual cockpit setup using iPads the school already has, as opposed to dropping a couple of hundred dollars on panels (which _are_ nice, but this is nicer) is great. The only hard part is figuring out how to mount iPads - I know, velcro!

Posted on July 7, 2012 06:54 by rlanssiers

I am a happy user of AirTrack on iPad 2 combined with my Air Account. It happens I also have an (older) iPod Touch lying around that I would like to use for my home sim. I installed AirTrack on it but am unable to access my Air Account data from the iPod Touch. I always get the message "SERVICE UNAVAILABLE" when I set it online. It does not make a difference with AirTrack on the iPad running or not. Is AirTrack not usable on an Ipod Touch?

Posted on July 7, 2012 08:01 by skyfox

Hi,

It should work but there seemed to be an incompatibility with the older iOS used in your iPod touch. I just made some changes and it should now work.

If you still have problems let me know,

joao @ airtrack team

Posted on July 7, 2012 08:10 by rlanssiers

Hi Joao,

Indeed it works fine now. And what a quick service! Many thanks.

Rony

Posted on July 7, 2012 09:56 by skyfox

Glad to hear that :) Sorry for the trouble! Thanks for spotting it!

joao

Note: You need to be logged in to post in the forums.

© 2017 Haversine Ltd