Haversine Forums -> AirFMC - General Issues and Support

The AirFMC General Forum

Posted on December 10, 2013 09:59 by haversine

And we welcome a new forum, dedicated to AirFMC support and general issues.

Feel free to post!

The Haversine Team

Posted on December 18, 2013 13:05 by MikeMJD

Hi all.
While waiting for my Christmas and my new ipad air, is there an android version available?

Mike

Posted on December 18, 2013 13:09 by haversine

Afraid not :(

For as much as we'd like to, Android requires all the code to be rewritten in Java I think, whereas now it is in Objective-C, so a total new rewrite and my knowledge of Java is not that great.

I do have an OSX version ready though if you happen to have a Mac to run it on :)

Posted on December 18, 2013 14:12 by MikeMJD

No Mac, sorry that I cannot help.

Mike

Posted on December 26, 2013 13:30 by hgkafa

Congratulations for what have become my favourite 2 apps on iOS! I have used AirTrack for years and now AirFMC ...

I am not sure if I understand this correctly, but did you say that you have an OSX version of those apps which I can run on my mac? if so, I would be very interested in having them with your permission of course. Please let me know as this will give me even more flexibility for my home cockpit

Thank you and keep up the good work!
Houmam

Posted on December 27, 2013 10:48 by haversine

Hi,

Glad you enjoy them. I've only made a version of AirFMC for OS X and haven't ported AirTrack yet.

But sure, I just sent you AirFMC for OS X by email. Hopefully it will work, let me know if not or if you didn't get it.

fun flights,
joao

Posted on January 30, 2014 15:51 by v_buttstedt

Hi,

Great app for sure.

The OSX app is for Mavericks only, isn't there a way to get it for OS X 10.7.5? I have an Macbook from 2007 which OS X 10.7 is the latest version that can be run on this.

Posted on January 30, 2014 18:09 by haversine

It should be possible; I just compiled a new version with OS X 10.7 as deployment target.

Download it now from the downloads page and see if it works.

Only thing is I don't have any OS X lower than Mavericks to test so I can't say for sure.

hope it works,
joao

Posted on January 30, 2014 18:33 by v_buttstedt

Hi Joao,

App opens, but I don't see anything, the menu bar just says "AirFMC", nothing else. I did got a Apple Firewall pop-up if I wanted to allowed AirFMC to accept incoming connections. X-plane is running the plugin fine.
I wouldn't mind helping you out with debugging for this OS X version, let me know what you need and if easier, contact me by email.

Posted on January 30, 2014 19:07 by haversine

Hum, sorry for that :(

It then seems to have compiled for 10.7 but there must be something in the SDK which was not supported in 10.7 and which is causing it not to launch the main FMC image...

Problem is I have no idea of what it is and to fix it I would have to build it and run it on 10.7 with X-Code, but I think the current X-Code version available also doesn't support 10.7 so I would need an old X-Code which then wouldn't be compatible with the current project, etc ... all in all too complex.

So then I'm afraid it will have to be Mavericks only for now :(

I may try again at some point using an old computer with an old OS X but no promises.

Sorry for that,
joao

Posted on March 7, 2014 20:43 by breadwild

AirFMC's FMC screen goes black after connecting to the 1.10 upgrade of the FF Boeing 757. The AirFMC keys still program the onboard FMC, you just can see it on the AirFMC's screen.

(iPad iOS7, Mac Maverick)

Posted on March 9, 2014 19:47 by haversine

Thanks for reporting.

A new version is up for review fixing this problem (the 757 issue).

Will be with you soon,
joao @ haversine

Posted on March 13, 2014 09:38 by haversine

AirFMC 1.2 is now out on the app store, fixing the issue above.

Fun flights,
joao @ haversine

Posted on April 23, 2016 11:51 by kleznik

Just picked up the IXEG 737 classic. Any possibility of getting AirFMC working with this new aircraft?

Posted on April 26, 2016 20:00 by haversine

Sorry for the delay, I've been meaning to reply to this :(

Haven't had a chance to look at the 737 yet, will have to ask IXEG for a demo copy, assuming it's FMC is similar to one of the supported ones it might be relatively easy to add support for it to the plugin.

Posted on April 26, 2016 21:33 by kleznik

Thanks for the reply, and for considering developing for the new 737 from IXEG.

Posted on May 1, 2016 10:07 by Tinamus

Please consider to to if for ixeg as soon as possible. It's one of the best plane ever on Xplane world.
And I love flying with airfmc, it's must have for my cockpit.
Thanks

Posted on May 7, 2016 11:24 by odda

Yes! Please consider to do one for ixeg as soon as possible, 737 from IXEG need it. :)

Posted on May 21, 2016 09:33 by Tinamus

It's seems to be done with last patch of ixeg!

Posted on May 23, 2016 08:46 by haversine

Yep, we have yet to announce it but the IXEG 737 is now supported with version 1.3.1, plugin 4.5.1 and the latest hotfix 1.0.4 :)

Posted on July 25, 2017 14:52 by wowak22

HI.
Last update xplane 11 and last update ixeg 737 1.2 Air Fmc not connecting to airplane only ixeg , other planes are working, maybe someone knows the reason

Posted on July 27, 2017 09:45 by haversine

Something changed in 1.2 for XP11. Trying to get it fixed with an update, stay tuned.

Posted on August 4, 2017 20:02 by haversine

Fixed now; http://haversine.com/forums/4/thread/350

fun flights,
joao @ haversine

Posted on August 8, 2017 18:24 by Andre

Thank you very much for updating Airfmc to support the IXEG 737 again! Once you get used to having the Fmc on the ipad, it's hard to go back again.
Is there any change for you to also support the Rotate MD-80 for X-Plane?

Regards,
André

Posted on August 10, 2017 11:04 by haversine

I'll add bit to the wish list (MD-80) but not sure when if or when it will happen.

thamks,
joao @ haversine

Posted on August 11, 2017 07:33 by Andre

Thanks! Fingers crossed then..:-)
Btw, i wouldn't mind an in-app purchase for addons like these which require more work from you to fit in..

Regards, André

Posted on August 11, 2017 11:11 by haversine

Thanks for your support!

That might be an idea as it is exactly the problem, I could be forever adding planes but it takes work time.

The next priority though is this new app I want to finish and release :)

Posted on August 12, 2017 20:53 by ChrisOak

Many thanks for 737 zibo support (my version is v3.050), but FPLN gets black fmc screen. furthermore unfortunately mistakes in displaying colored digits (e.g. rwy in legs display).

Posted on August 14, 2017 15:36 by haversine

Yep, I'm afraid this is because the FPLN probably falls back to the default X-Plane 737 which doesn't work. The plugin reads what's on the zibo FMC data refs and at that point in time those data refs contain empty lines which is why it's showing them.

So we can't really fix it, it will have to be fixed on the zibo itself :(

joao

Posted on November 5, 2017 22:17 by Jorik

Hi there,

First of all thanks for this amazing app. Flying in X-Plane using an iPad as FMC is just amazing.
From the last release you’ve included support for the Zibo Mod 737 which is great but I noticed a small problem.
The AirFMC app doesn’t show any of the colored text show on the FMC in the virtual cockpit. I’ve included a screenshot of X-Plane and iPad on the comment section on x-plane.org.
The execute button or the message light doesn’t light up.
I don’t really know if this problem occurs on your side or on the side of Zibo but I thought it was worth mentioning.
Anyway, thanks for the support.

Kind regards
Jorik

Posted on November 6, 2017 10:13 by haversine

Hum... it could be that Zibo added the colours in a more recent version of its datarefs, or it could be that these are part of the default 737 plane which don't have datarefs yet which is why it isn't supported yet. I'll have a look, thanks for letting me know.

joao

Posted on December 22, 2017 14:51 by haversine

Sorry for the delay, been running against time to finish the new app AirEFB before xmas.

The Zibo issue is fixed now in version 4.7 of the plugin, available for download.

Season's Greetings,
joao

Posted on December 24, 2021 18:36 by warby99

Has anyone had an issue with the airfmc on a ipad air. when pressing the keys on the ipad they dont react until pressed really hard. mayby its a ipad sensitivity issue. Can anyone help.

Posted on December 25, 2021 12:46 by haversine

@warby99 if you need to press (touch and lift) a key several times in order for the key to react it might be a network issue and some packets may be being lost and you may need to look at it or see if any other plugins are conflicting and clogging the network or response.

But if it is a matter of sensitivity and pressing hard, this would be an iPad hardware issue. AirFMC simply detects one touch events and doesn't depend on force, and this has always been for all iPad models from the iPad 1.

One simple short touch should suffice.

joao @ haversine

Posted on December 26, 2021 10:47 by warby99

Thank you for your advice, I will look into both and try and work out the problem.

Posted on July 30, 2022 23:02 by wjustinen

X-PLANE 11 on a new M1 MAC mini
ZiboB737-800
Air EFB and AirFMC on a new and an older iPad.
All three devices connected to internet via same WIFI.
PLUGIN set to auto in X-Plane
after connecting the newer iPad with the X-Plane IOS APP, it now connects to with AIRFMS while nothing works with the older iPadincluding changing the config file to include both IP addresses from the iPads.
I am flummoxed and frustrated

Posted on July 30, 2022 23:03 by wjustinen

X-PLANE 11 on a new M1 MAC mini
ZiboB737-800
Air EFB and AirFMC on a new and an older iPad.
All three devices connected to internet via same WIFI.
PLUGIN set to auto in X-Plane
after connecting the newer iPad with the X-Plane IOS APP, it now connects to with AIRFMS while nothing works with the older iPad including changing the config file to include both IP addresses from the iPads.
I am flummoxed and frustrated

Posted on July 31, 2022 10:25 by haversine

Hi,

I just emailed you asking for some more information. You may have already tried most of these things but a quick recap:

AUTO mode means that the apps will try to auto find X-Plane by sending UDP multicast packets to IP address 239.224.224.1
The packets are sent from the plugin from port 59000 by default.

Packets to AirFMC go out to port 2425 and packets to AirEFB to port 2426

Some routes and networks don’t really work well with multicast, so for these cases
In addition to this, you can add the IP addresses of the iPads statically.

You can see the IP address of the iPads in the Settings page of AirTrack in its latest version. Alternatively, you can find it in the WiFi settings of the iPad.

You can add the IP address of one iPad in the AUTO box, but a better way is to Edit the ~/X-Plane-11/resources/plugins/HaversineAir.cfg and create something like this:

DESTINATION-IP=AUTO
APP-IP=192.168.1.10
APP-IP=192.168.1.11

This will send to addresses 192.168.1.10 and 192.168.1.11 in addition to the multicast address.

===

As you're on macOS Please try tcpdump to see where packets are going:

sudo tcpdump -n port 2425 or port 2426

===

p.s. Also being on an M1 Mac you can try both programs on the Mac itself in addition to the iPads to see if it makes a difference.

hope this helps, it will work, it has to work :)
joao @ haversine

Posted on July 31, 2022 10:25 by haversine

Hi,

I just emailed you asking for some more information. You may have already tried most of these things but a quick recap:

AUTO mode means that the apps will try to auto find X-Plane by sending UDP multicast packets to IP address 239.224.224.1
The packets are sent from the plugin from port 59000 by default.

Packets to AirFMC go out to port 2425 and packets to AirEFB to port 2426

Some routes and networks don’t really work well with multicast, so for these cases
In addition to this, you can add the IP addresses of the iPads statically.

You can see the IP address of the iPads in the Settings page of AirTrack in its latest version. Alternatively, you can find it in the WiFi settings of the iPad.

You can add the IP address of one iPad in the AUTO box, but a better way is to Edit the ~/X-Plane-11/resources/plugins/HaversineAir.cfg and create something like this:

DESTINATION-IP=AUTO
APP-IP=192.168.1.10
APP-IP=192.168.1.11

This will send to addresses 192.168.1.10 and 192.168.1.11 in addition to the multicast address.

===

As you're on macOS Please try tcpdump to see where packets are going:

sudo tcpdump -n port 2425 or port 2426

===

p.s. Also being on an M1 Mac you can try both programs on the Mac itself in addition to the iPads to see if it makes a difference.

hope this helps, it will work, it has to work :)
joao @ haversine

Note: You need to be logged in to post in the forums.

© 2024 Haversine