Haversine Forums -> AirEFB - General Issues and Support

Charts

Posted on February 7, 2018 04:22 by rotor

I was trying to add new local folder with charts using the iTunes but after the sync no folder with charts appeared on the EFB. Can you please add picture or video step by step instruction how to add local charts. Online charts from my account appeared instantly. Thanks
Rotor

Posted on February 12, 2018 15:09 by haversine

Hello and so sorry for the delay;

You need to name the folder CHARTS (in capital letters although might work if lowercase too) and it needs to contain files ending in the .pdf extension (or sub-folders).

This site is a bit rudimentary and it's a bit difficult to embed pictures and videos here, so I'll try uploading them and putting links here.

On Mac, you can create a CHARTS folder on your desktop for example, then open iTunes, select your iPad from the list on top (it may need to be physically connected or have WiFi sync enabled), select File Sharing, and then just literally drag the folder to the area that says AirEFB Documents. See this picture:

http://haversine.com/files/AIREFB-CHARTS-COPY-ITUNES-MAC.png

On Windows, someone reported that dragging wouldn't work and that after selecting AirEFB you need to press the SHIFT key in order to make the button that says "Add File ..." change to "Add Folder ..."

So just try clicking on shift. See the photo below too (I'm holding the shift key down).

http://haversine.com/files/AIREFB-CHARTS-COPY-ITUNES-WIN.jpg

The same applies for CHECKLISTS and DOCUMENTS.

hope this helps, if not let me know,
fun flights,
joao @ haversine

Posted on February 12, 2018 19:06 by rotor

It worked, capital letters did the job.

Thanks

Posted on August 15, 2019 15:34 by ghun1

UPDATE FOR ANYONE WHO NEEDS TO KNOW HOW
I discovered that when Apple etc say "click on the device" they mean the little tiny icon that resembles an iPAD but is nearly invisible, tucked away at the top of the screen, despite the fact that there is your iPAD open in the side bar. I assumed that as my iPAD was in the side bar and showing music, films, TV, books etc, that was that. No. The little icon at the top opens up a whole new section for the iPAD.

So problem solved.

I am using an iMac on 10.13.6 and an iPAD on IOS 12.4

Can not figure out how to transfer a CHARTS folder (or anything else for that matter ;-) from computer to iPAD.
iTunes as described above does not work that way any more as far as I can tell.

Gary

Posted on August 18, 2019 11:24 by haversine

Hello,

It worked the other day when I last tried it. It may change with the new upcoming macOS as they will do something to iTunes. You're using an older version of macOS though. What do you see? Do you see the File Sharing menu on iTunes at all after selecting the iPad with the mini icon as you correctly state?

joao @ haversine

Posted on August 18, 2019 11:57 by ghun1

Yes I got it working in the end.
I assumed that as the iPAD was already there and showing its contents, I did not look for another little icon to click on. After I found it all was well.
thanks

I just need a better internet in my study now ;-0

Note: You need to be logged in to post in the forums.

© 2024 Haversine