Haversine Forums -> AirTrack - FS9 / FSX Plugin

AirTrack on FSX Steam Edition

Posted on April 11, 2015 14:18 by haversine

AirTrack and its plugin run on the Steam Edition of FSX.

The installation process may vary depending on individual systems, but in general proceed as follows:

1. Download AirTrack-FSX-v1.6.zip from http://haversine.com/airtrack/downloads

2. Run the installer

3. When told that FSX cannot be found and prompted for its location, browse through to its location which should be something similar to:

C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX

4. Finish the install

5. Launch FSX, select your plane

6. Switch to 2D cockpit view once to launch the gauge/plugin. You should see the AirTrack icon on the top-left corner of the screen for 1 minute

And that's it,
fun flights,
joao @ haversine

Posted on May 11, 2016 00:54 by RomanKoch

Hi there.
I've followed the instructions to install using both the installer and the gauge method.

In both instances, the white square indicating the plugin is activated does not appear when I switch to the 2D cockpit.

On my iPad, there is nothing listed under Device Location Services, so I don't think it's connecting...but that's probably because the plugin isn't running, no?

I am running FSX Steam, let me know what other info you need.

If it helps (for connectivity concerns), I've uploaded a chart to my AirAccount using my PC, and it is visible in AirTrack on my iPad.

Another Update - I figured the chart was only going from my account to the iPad, so not really testing connectivity between PC and iPad. I did verify that the UDP port 2424 is open in and out on the PC. But I imagine that really only matters once the plugin starts, right?

Great looking software, hope I can get it running soon.

Thanks!

Posted on May 16, 2016 20:28 by haversine

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, I've been away :(

So I finally installed a brand new FSX steam edition on Windows 10 to test this.

I then installed the FSX plugin 1.6 from http://haversine.com/airtrack/downloads

I didn't have to specify the location of FSX like in previous versions; just used the default and pressed Next.

Then launched FSX, selected the default Boeing 737-800 (just to make sure it wasn't the plane), switched to Cockpit view and it immediately appeared under Device Location Services (FSX on X.X.X.X) So it is working with Steam.

However I did not see the square indicating that the plugin was running, perhaps because of the resolution, I don't know. So not seeing the square may not mean anything, it might still be running.

So a few things that you can check:

1) Try disabling any firewall (which you already have) and check if there is anything on your router concerning multicast that can be configured.

2) Try manual configuration mode: Note down the IP address of your iPad and create a file named airtrack.ini in the main FSX directory which in this case should be C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX

Put the IP address of the iPad on that file and save; this will make the plugin send packets only to that IP address and not rely on multicast for auto configuration.

3) Don't forget to cockpit view and try with the default 737 first to make sure it works and then you can try other planes.

4) In the installation here (using auto installer) I got the airtrackFSX.gau file located under C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges and the following lines added to MiniPanel.cfg:

[Window04]
window_pos=0.03, 0.03
background_color=0,0,0
ident=10099
visible=1
update_rate=10
gauge00=airtrackFSX!AirTrack, 0, 0

5) If this fails, you might need to run a traffic analyser like wireshark to see if the packets are leaving the computer towards the iPad.

hope this helps,
joao @ haversine

Posted on May 17, 2016 04:12 by RomanKoch

joao,
Thanks for the help. Here's what I did:

1. Disabled the firewall on both the PC and the router to be sure. There was a Multicast rate, and that was set to "auto". That was the only think related to multicast that I could find. (It's an Asus RT-AC66R)

2. I created the airtrack.ini file with the iPad's IP in it and that also did not work (I'm testing all with the 737-800)

3. In each case, I switch from the virtual cockpit to the 2D cockpit.

4. I verified that the airtrackFSX.gau was in the location AND that the MiniPanel.cfg had the same lines as yours.

5. I installed and ran wireshark. Not totally sure what I'm looking for, presuming some kind of UDP traffic from the PC to the iPad... There were no packets to the ipad at all and the only UDP traffic leaving the PC was going to the Steam Client IP (162.254.195.47).

What's next?

Thanks for the help!

Posted on May 17, 2016 07:31 by haversine

Hello again,

It all sounds perfect except for the IP address and the traffic which doesn't seem to appear :(

I'll contact you by email and we'll investigate further or perhaps organise a team viewer session to tackle the problem.

Posted on May 19, 2016 02:47 by RomanKoch

OK, I will keep an eye out for your email. Looking forward to getting this resolved so I can start using this wonderful looking software.

Thanks.

Posted on May 19, 2016 07:18 by haversine

Already did (send you an email).

Note: You need to be logged in to post in the forums.

© 2024 Haversine