Haversine Forums -> AirTrack - FS9 / FSX Plugin

FSX, iPad and third party aircrafts

Posted on April 3, 2011 22:22 by tknudsen

Dear sirs..

First off I would like to comment the software, it is truly excellent and I cannot wait to
follow the development of this application for iPad regards to FSX

Here is an litt wish!

Not sure if it is even possible, but I would love to have the option to select and predefined FMC, e.g. if
I where to fly the 767-300 from Level-D, a standard FMC would be an option to select in Air Track..

I know Air display "in theory" can be used for this, but after several tries I have come to the conclution that it is not working as prommised.

I love the Air Track and try to use it every time I am out flying.

Is there any further development plans for FSX/Air Track?

Kind regards
Tom Knudsen
Norway

Posted on April 5, 2011 09:41 by haversine

Hello,

Thanks for enjoying AirTrack :)

I am not really sure how the Level-D FMC works and as this is a third party Aircraft it might require some work on it, but it could be a possibility to investigate for the future.

At the moment the FSX plugin development is trying to integrate the FSX flight plans with AirTrack so that the flight plans entered in FSX are sent to AirTrack. So, no promises, but this might be the next FSX development to come to a certain extent.

As for AirTrack itself, it will have hopefully several new features, many of them independent from the simulator and hence, compatible with FSX too.

So stay tuned and enjoy the app,
thanks for posting,
joao

Posted on October 29, 2011 05:09 by georgehrothfuss

A dream for this AirTrack app would be integrate the FSX flight plans with AirTrack like the commerical product FS Flying School reads, loads FSX's data. Please! my fingers do not do well with the ipod keying, so the pleasure of keying data is from the standard computer keyboard.

Posted on October 29, 2011 05:09 by georgehrothfuss

A dream for this AirTrack app would be integrate the FSX flight plans with AirTrack like the commerical product FS Flying School reads, loads FSX's data. Please! my fingers do not do well with the ipod keying, so the pleasure of keying data is from the standard computer keyboard.

Posted on October 29, 2011 13:58 by haversine

I believe this works just fine; the flight plans you enter in FSX should appear automatically in AirTrack. If not, let us know and we'll investigate, but it should work just like this.

If nothing appears, try pressing the CLR button twice in AirTrack in order to clear any local flight plans and accept the remote one.

Yours,
joao @ AirTrack

Posted on December 30, 2012 01:26 by simbio

Any News for NGX the upcoming 777 will have some additional SDK integration so it would make a Huge update.
Thank you
Fabrizio

Posted on February 6, 2013 23:31 by Oakey

Have just installed AirTrack because it looks like a great add-on. Can you tell me please if it is compatible with the iFly 737 NG which I fly most of the time? If so can you give me instructions on how to link it up. Thanks. Brian Oakey

Posted on February 7, 2013 16:18 by haversine

Hi,

Like other third party aircraft, it may not work fully (MCP, COMs, Flight Plan). But at least the flight tracking part in he ND and PFD should work fine.

If you don't see it working with the iFly, have a look at this other post for the 737NGX:

https://air.ipobjects.com/forums/8/thread/63

You should be able to make it work with a similar approach / editing its config file and adding the airtrack gauge to it.

hope this helps,
joao @ airtrack

Posted on February 7, 2013 16:39 by simbio

Why you don't contact PMDG and ask if you can integrate with their SDK it's easy and I am sure you wil got a great improuve in sells if you do it.
The future will be much more intresting as the next 777 and 747 will use the same SDK so more aircraft.
Have a look oin AVSIM Forum in PMDG section.
I boutgh this to fly with add-on and not with FSX default one wich they behave really bad.
It's such an awsome software but is useless in this method.
Thank's reply
Fabrizio

Note: You need to be logged in to post in the forums.

© 2024 Haversine