AirTrack and the PMDG 737 NGX
If you have recently bought the 737 NGX you may wonder if it will work with AirTrack and the FSX plugin.
Like other PMDG third party aircraft, the NGX may not work with all features of AirTrack; for instance, the MCP commands may not perform adequately and you may need to use the MCP commands of the plane itself.
Having said this, AirTrack does work in the default tracking mode, but just not right out of the box. If you have the NGX and the AirTrack FSX plugin installed and cannot make it work , here is a brief HOW-TO which might help until we incorporate the fix in the next version of the plugin.
1) Install the AirTrack FSX plugin as you would normally, and make sure it works with other planes.
2) Locate the file \Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX\panel.cfg (or simply panel as the .cfg extension is hidden) and edit it with Notepad or a text editor of your choice.
3) Below the Window Titles section,under window20=login, add a line with:
4) Scroll down to the last window 20 section and right after it add a new section for window21 as follows:
gauge00=airtrackFSX!AirTrack, 0, 0
5) Save the file. As it is a read-only file you may need to save it under a different name, delete the original one and replace it by the new one.
6) Relaunch FSX
And there, the plugin should launch in the NGX's 2D cockpit view and AirTrack should now be able to follow it.
hopefully this will be of help, if you have any problems don't hesitate to contact us,
the IP Objects team.
Note: You need to be logged in to post in the forums.