Haversine Forums -> AirTrack - General Issues and Support

Problem with AirTrack Generated Flight Plan

Posted on February 13, 2012 05:19 by CAA001

I created the following FSX flight plan for a flight from Teterboro, NJ (KTEB) to Burke Lakefront (KBKL) in Cleveland, OH:

KTEB NEWEL J60 HAGUD J211 YNG CXR SICID KBKL

When I enter the above route on the AirTrack Routes page a couple of problems occur.

1. The waypoint NEWEL that AirTrack recognizes is some 3,279 miles away from New Jersey.
2. As a result of 1, J60 is not recognized. Probably because your NEWEL is not on J60.
3. SICID is not recognized.

For navigation data, I am using Navigraph 1202 to create my route. I assume that you are using the default data and, as a result, newer waypoints are not found.

I've made a few assumptions. If my assumptions are correct, an option on the route page to select the underlying navigation data would be nice. If my assumptions are not correct . . .

Tom

Posted on April 20, 2012 00:25 by haversine

Hi Tom,

First of all, I'm so so sorry for only replying now; there has been a problem with our notifications system which made me miss this post and I've only just noticed it. It is unforgivable and I am really sorry!

You have probably solved this already, but if not, here is a analysis:

Indeed the default 1006 AIRAC that comes with AirTrack doesn't have the NEWEL FIX and as such, the plan fails and it goes as you say. It is, after all, an old AIRAC.

If however you created it with NAVIGRAPH AIRAC 1202 or newer it works fine (360NM total distance or so).

So you probably have found this already; but just in case you didn't, if you have a Navigraph AIRAC you can redeeem it on the Navigation data page and use it with AirTrack, either within the App or online on the web site. If you have bouth a Navigraph AIRAC for say, a PMDG airplane, this entitles you at Navigraph to have a free token for AirTrack so you can use the same cycle with it. In other words, you won't be charged twice for the same cycle, and one cycle entitles you to use it in different planes or apps.

You probably already knew this but just in case. Your plan seems fine with an up-to-date AIRAC so I presume you have fixed it by now. Again I'm sorry for the delay.

kind regards,
joao @ airtrack team

Note: You need to be logged in to post in the forums.

© 2024 Haversine