Haversine Forums -> AirTrack - General Issues and Support

AIRAC-Stuff

Posted on April 7, 2012 14:09 by techman

Morning,

x-plane is now using a new AIRAC-Cycle. Will AirTrack sync it by itself or how can I keep AirTrack and X-Plane in sync? Do I have to buy a new Airac-Cycle at Navigraph? If so, its no problem, I just ask since the data is pretty up to date in X-Plane.

Thank you and have fun finding eggs at the weekend :)

lol

Best regards
Sven

Posted on April 20, 2012 00:40 by haversine

Hi Sven,

I'm really sorry for the delay; a problem in the notifications system kept me from noticing this post earlier.

You're right, I've just updated the XPlane cycle to 1204 so you can download it for free on the NAVIGATION DATA page of AirTrack. It should appear there as a download.

Please note however that XPlane cycles don't have Airways, SIDs, STARs or approaches, so if you want any of these you will need to get a recent navigraph cycle or use the default N1006 one.

Again, sorry for the delay, X-Plane 1204 is now ready for download.

thanks for bringing it up,
kind regards,
joao @ airtrack team

Posted on April 20, 2012 15:42 by techman

Hola Joao,

i still don´t get it :)

When i buy the airac-cycles through your website - do I have to physically install them into xplane?

Posted on April 20, 2012 16:11 by haversine

Sorry, I realise it's a bit confusing.

There are two types of AIRAC with AirTrack:

1) ---

X-Plane AIRAC; this is the same data that comes with X-Plane and that can be downloaded freely from http://data.x-plane.com/

You can download this same data to AirTrack on the Navigation Data page by pressing DOWNLOAD. It is totally free so you don't need to buy it. I've just updated this data set to the latest one available at data.x-plane.com

Likewise you can select it on the web site for web site related operations, like creating flight plans online.

The advantages of using this data are: It is free and you get exactly the same data on X-Plane as you get on AirTrack so everything is in sync, what you see is what you get.

The disadvantages are that AirTrack (or the web site flight planner) will not be able to use Enroute Airways, SIDs, STARs and approaches when creating a flight plan, and that the data is not always so up-to-date or precise when flying in Europe or locations outside the US, even if you use their latest cycle which at the moment is 1204.

2) ---

You purchase a Navigraph data cycle *at the Navigraph website* using their credits system. New data is made available every 28 days, just like in the real world, and their data is pretty much up-to-date. Note that you buy it from them at their web site.

When you buy a cycle from them you are entitled to use it in as many of the supported products as you want; in other words, if you buy cycle 1204 from NG you can download the token to use in AirTrack and you can download a package from their web site to use in a specific plane, say for example the CRJ-200 from Rollon.

Concerning AirTrack you will get a token which you can then either insert in AirTrack when you select their cycle, or you can enter it on this web site which will automatically unlock the data to all your devices in one go (if you happen to have more than one).

So then you can download the data to AirTrack and you can use it on this web site with the flight planner.

The advantages are: You get the best data possible, with the latest navaids, waypoints, airways, SIDs, STARs and Approaches. This can be critical if you fly online since controllers will tell you to go to one waypoint or perform a procedure and it can be a bit embarrassing if you don't know where it is and if it doesn't exist on the X-Plane data as it is often the case in Europe.

The disadvantages are: It isn't free (costs 20 credits, 2 euros I think), it only lasts for 4 cycles (112 days max), and there is currently no official supported way of importing this data into X-Plane. You can import it to certain X-Plane third party packages like the CRJ-200 or UFMC, but you cannot directly to X-Plane. This totally depends on Navigraph and them making the data available for XP or not.

So in the worst case, you may end up with one set of data in AirTrack (the Navigraph data) and another set in X-Plane (the X-Plane data).

This might not be so bad however, as you will have at least the the Navigraph data in one place (AirTrack) and if you need to go to a certain recent waypoint, you are bound to find it in the database so you can type it in the AirTrack's FMC and it will show you the way and will even send it back to X-Plane as a LATLON point if it doesn't exist there.

Personally this is how I usually fly.

The only problems you may have are when a certain airport shows up in navigraph and doesn't exist in X-Plane or when an airport that exists in x-plane doesn't exist in navigraph. But this happens less often and tends to be only in small airfields.

---

So it really depends on how you fly and what you need; navigraph for the latest real data, x-plane if you want to be totally in sync with the simulator or if you fly in the US where the data is generaly up-to-date.

And alternativelly there is the cycle 1006 from Navigraph which comes free with AirTrack. It is an old cycle from 2010 so it won't be totally up-to-date but it will have other things that the X-Plane's doesn't.

hope this helps,
I wish it was easier but it isn't, and there is not much we can do,

happy flights,
joao

Posted on April 4, 2013 13:29 by Jrojas

Hi Joao

How long does it take for new navigraph data to be available for AirTrack? I bought a new cycle today (Apr 4), got the code from navigraph, applied in my Air Account, but there is no new data in my iPad.

Thanks

Jorge

Posted on April 4, 2013 13:31 by haversine

Hi,

Sorry, it should have been there already, but we're experiencing some delays due to some records in a new format.

I'm working on it and hopefully it will be available later today.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
joao @ airtrack

Posted on April 4, 2013 16:01 by haversine

Sorry for the delay,

The 1304 cycle is now online and you should be able to download it.

Let me know if you have any problems,
sorry for the inconvenience,
kind regards,
joao @ airtrack

Posted on April 4, 2013 18:04 by Jrojas

Thanks, I'm downloading now...

Jorge

Posted on January 21, 2016 10:51 by ChrisOak

hi there,

x-plane airacs are very historicaly meanwhile (1310). is there a chance to get a newer one (newest)? it's quite annoying to work with those legacy data.

Or is there a way to do it by myself within airtrack-App?

kind regards
chris

Posted on January 26, 2016 23:30 by haversine

According to the data I have on my Resources/default data/earth_fix.dat and earth_nav.dat on the current 10.42 version the X-Plane data in there is still 2013.10 so it is still up to date.

However there seems to be some new data announced here:

https://gateway.x-plane.com/NOTAMs

AFAICS this has not yet been integrated in X-Plane. I could build a new AIRAC set but it would possibly lead to confusion, so better wait until it's fully integrated.

Note that this is the default X-Plane data, not the Navigraph data. Navigraph data which is the default in AirTrack is also a bit out of date (1307 I believe) and also needs a revamp. This data is generally also more complete than the X-Plane data even if of an older cycle. Will also be updated soon.

fun flights,
joao @ haversine

Note: You need to be logged in to post in the forums.

© 2024 Haversine