Haversine Forums -> AirTrack - General Issues and Support

Airtrack plugin installer not finding P3D path

Posted on May 7, 2012 04:07 by vonduck

Hi there,

After purchasing the app i have discovered that the little installer needed wont install into my P3D folder... it keeps looking for FSX (i only have P3D)..

I have manually installed the gauge no problem but cant link my aircraft (after following the PMDG suggestion re the panel) to to the app...

How do i get the installer to install into P3D please?

Many thanks!

Doug

Posted on May 7, 2012 10:02 by haversine

Hi Doug,

I am not familiar with the P3D but I know it is possible as I've been told by a user once that it did indeed work after some manual configuration.

In essence, yes, you should use the manual install method (download the manual install package) which consists of putting the airtrack.gau file somewhere in your P3D folder and editing the panel.cfg file to add it.

But I'm not sure about the details of how it is done in P3D exactly.

Do you see a white square on the top-left corner of the screen (indicating that the plugin is loaded)? If so, it might be a connectivity problem instead of being a plugin installation problem.

Have a look at:

http://air.ipobjects.com/forums/8/thread/56

Also, have a look at:

http://air.ipobjects.com/forums/8/thread/63

For some hints based on the NGX which might help you installing in on the P3D plane.

hope this helps,
joao @ airtrack team

Posted on May 7, 2012 10:59 by vonduck

Hi Joao,

Many thanks for your reply and help on this... obviously someone has got this to work so i must be doing something wrong i think.. so far i have:

Not seen the white square indicating there must be a connectivity problem
The gauge was manually installed as per instructions but the plugin has not been (unless the gauge is the plugin??)
I checked out those forum messages and added the panel config entries but to no avail
I tried setting a static IP address but still no connection
Am i meant to be seeing anything under "addons" in the menu bar other than FSUIPC?

P3D is almost identical to FSX so the methodology is almost the same... not sure why the installer package wont recognize P3D?

Someone must have done this before so hopefully they will chime in soon

I will keep trying to figure this out!

Cheers

Doug

Posted on May 7, 2012 11:15 by haversine

Hi again,

Just a couple of things:

The gauge is the plugin yes, i.e. the plugin is an additional gauge you add to the 2D cockpit of a plane.
There is nothing under addons to be seen, the only thing you should see is a small white square on the top-left corner of the 2D cockpit view of a plane.

Perhaps worth mentioning is that, like FSX, you need to swap to the 2D cockpit view of a plane to activate the plugin; you can then switch back to 3D view and I think to another plane too.

Now that I think about it, the static IP might not work with P3D because the main FSX directory in which it is expected to reside is different in P3D. But anyway, you need to see the white square first, without it the plugin will not have been loaded and the IP address or connectivity will be irrelevant then.

hope this helps,
joao @ airtrack

Note: You need to be logged in to post in the forums.

© 2024 Haversine