Haversine Forums -> AirTrack - General Issues and Support

Navigraph data question

Posted on March 5, 2013 13:20 by LuisAlicea

Why does our Navigraph data have an expiration date? I have about 8 different applications that use Navigraph data and sometimes I skip cycles or just don't get around to updating each one. I don't particularly update every month anyway because there really isn't that many changes that would necessitate an update frequency that aggressive.

Posted on March 31, 2013 16:32 by LuisAlicea

Is this a taboo topic? We make payments to Navigraph for the data, why do you guys make it expire?

Posted on March 31, 2013 16:45 by haversine

Oh I am sorry! I had missed your original post from the 5th of March.

No it's no taboo, I'm just sorry I missed it :(

The reason why the Navigraph data expires is due to their their own policy and something to do with identification and tracking of the data and third party distribution. It is not specific to AirTrack, if you have a look at their web site it says that "Contrary to other FMS Data files, access codes are limited in time. ...". This is the case for all types of "Access" code formats, as opposed to "Download".

So in summary, we have to make it expire due to the agreement we have with Navigraph. If you ask them they might be able to explain it better than I can.

joao @ airtrack

Posted on March 31, 2013 19:15 by LuisAlicea

I understand, you've explained it thoroughly. Who ever really reads all that "stuff" anyway? :)

Thanks,
Luis

Note: You need to be logged in to post in the forums.

© 2024 Haversine