Haversine Forums -> AirTrack - General Issues and Support

Chart rendering performance & PDF management

Posted on January 17, 2015 18:04 by zmit

Hi Joao

first of all, great app!
Can I suggest to look into the PDF rendering code and optimize it for a future update? I consistently need to wait 2-3 seconds when zooming in or changing page. This is really frustrating, in particular considering that I am using AirTrack on an iPad Air and iPhone 6.

It would also be nice to be able to add PDFs directly to AirTrack without having first to upload them individually to haversine.com. Beaming them via AirDrop would be ideal and pretty easy to implement. Also allowing upload of multiple files per drag&drop on haversine.com would be an improvement.

I myself can help, if needed.

Cheers

Posted on January 25, 2015 12:38 by haversine

Hi zmit,

Thanks for the suggestions; I actually have a new PDF viewer class which I wanted to integrate but haven't had time to yet. It allows you to zoom and have the chart blurry a bit until it finishes rendering again in the new definition. Much better.

Same for uploading the charts. On the server / web site is is probably a matter of changing the ruby on rails code. For dropbox it requires integrating and changing the app.

I'll need to dedicate a weekend to these, hopefully soon. Unfortunately due to another daytime job haven't had much chance recently but hopefully soon. Doesn't sound too complicated.

thanks,
joao @ haversine

Note: You need to be logged in to post in the forums.

© 2024 Haversine