Haversine Forums -> AirTrack - General Issues and Support

Getting AirTrack to re-connect during flight

Posted on May 12, 2017 22:02 by amnmaddox

Iv had an issue since day 1 where randomly AirTrack looses connection with FSX. Its only with payware A/C. My question is there anyway to get it to re-connect mid-flight (usually i have to re-load the A?C in game to get it to reconnect)?

Posted on May 13, 2017 09:19 by haversine

Hum, this sounds like the pay ware ACF is somehow ending the plugin. When you reload the aircraft the plugin possibly restarts when you switch to 2D cockpit view and AirTrack pics it up.

AirTrack will sit silently waiting for packets to arrive so if none arrives it considers it disconnected.

I'm not sure what to suggest. Does it happen with all planes or just some? Try with a few different ones to see if the problem persists.

Also I assume you don't have a firewall that somehow blocks after a while, do you? If so, try allowing packets to and from UDP port 2424 of the iPad/iPhone or any in general.

joao @ haversine

Posted on May 13, 2017 14:45 by amnmaddox

Hey Joao,
Yeah that's what I think or I have something stopping it. I actually spoke to you thru support ticket a few months ago. I have port forwarding set up on my host PC thru my router. But my router wont allow me to port forward on multiple device (ie on my ipads and pc). Is there not a way to re-start the plugin once in flight? It happens with all my planes, payware and freeware, just takes some time. Ie my CRj flights are short so they usually don't act up, but my iFly 737 flights that are 2 or more hours, it happens every time. I'm kinda at a loss of how to keep it from happening...

Note: You need to be logged in to post in the forums.

© 2024 Haversine