Haversine Forums -> AirTrack - General Issues and Support

AirTrack not tracking plane when flying IXEG 737

Posted on May 6, 2020 12:02 by OlaHaldor

I am fully aware that the flightplan won't show up in the FMC when I fly the IXEG 737, but I was surprised to see that what is talked about here ( https://haversine.com/forums/1/thread/321 ) does not seem to work.
I was really hoping the EFIS would let me see the route (which I manually add in the FMC in AirTrack) and track my plane.

The plane seems to be located *somewhere*, not sure where it is, and it's not moving as I'm taxiing or flying.

Posted on May 6, 2020 12:52 by haversine

Hi,

Sorry this is not very clearer easy to find I'm afraid :(

By default AirTrack uses and displays the flight plan loaded in X-Plane's default FMC, using XPLMNavigation SDK calls.

When this is not possible due to a plane having a specific flight plan stored somewhere else, it is possible to make AirTrack work in local / standalone mode in which you load the exact same flight plan in AirTrack and the magenta line will appear and AirTrack will follow it.

To do this use the settings App of the iPad or iPhone (the one from Apple) scroll down until you see AirTrack. There there is the option to turn on standalone mode for the FMC Flight Plan.

You can also turn on standalone for Navigation Display and Radio Stack should these not work properly with the plane you're flying too in which case the ND is independent in the options it has selected or the zoom level for example.

hope this helps,
Happy flying,
Joao @ haversine

Posted on May 6, 2020 19:02 by OlaHaldor

Thanks, I had a look on my iPad but couldn't find any record of the AirTrack app in Settings ?
Is this a new feature that requires a new iPad/iOS?

I have an iPad Mini first generation, running iOS 9.3.5 which is the latest I can install on it.

Posted on May 7, 2020 10:15 by haversine

I just had a look on an old iPad with iOS 9.3.5 and it's still there. You need a recent version of AirTrack though. Luckily the latest version of AirTrack still runs on iOS 9 so you can get 3.14 from the App Store if you don't have it.

On the left bar of Settings, where you have AirPlane Mode, Wi-Fi, Notifications, etc, scroll down. There is a point where apps start to appear. AirTrack should be there somewhere in one of the first as they are alphabetically ordered.

Have a look at this screenshot:

http://haversine.com/dropbox/IMG_0053.jpg

Let me know if you still can't find it.

Posted on August 29, 2020 18:37 by OlaHaldor

I had to buy a new iPad to get that menu. Have yet to try this though as I just bought it.

Note: You need to be logged in to post in the forums.

© 2024 Haversine