Haversine Forums -> AirTrack - General Issues and Support

Control contention between X-Plane and AirTrack

Posted on May 1, 2011 21:38 by pea53

When controlling X-Plane from the AirTrack iPhone application, the X-Plane controls are disabled after a setting has been changed from the AirTrack application.

For example:
1) set the aircraft heading bug from within X-Plane
2) this heading is updated correctly in the AirTrack MCP screen
3) change the heading in the AirTrack MCP screen
4) this new heading is reflected in the heading bug indicator in X-Plane
5) however, I can no longer adjust the heading bug from within X-Plane

This is also true for barometer settings, VOR headings, NAV frequencies, COM frequencies, ADF frequencies, etc. Any setting from the AirTrack application can no longer be modified from within X-Plane *after* it has been set in AirTrack.

AirTrack version 2.3
X-Plane plugin version 2.3
X-Plane 9

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted on May 2, 2011 11:50 by haversine

Hi,

I'm so sorry for this, thanks for spotting it! We accidentally let it slip by not checking properly that we could no longer change the dialers in the simulator. It seems to be a bug introduced with the new dial-pad code in 2.3 whereby a frequency change in AirTrack keeps being sent, thus overriding what you set in X-Plane afterwards.

A new version 2.3.1 correcting this has just been uploaded to Apple and is on its way.

So, there is nothing you can do for now but wait I'm afraid. In a few days the new version fixing the issue this will be available for download from the app store. There will be no need to update the plugin, only the app seems to have a problem.

Our apologies for the inconvenience,
joao @ ip objects

Posted on May 3, 2011 02:42 by pea53

Thank you for the prompt reply. I understand how bug slip through the cracks. The new dial-pad code is wonderful to use; much simpler over the old entry method.

Thank you for AirTrack. It makes X-Plane much more fun.

TwP

Posted on May 8, 2011 10:06 by haversine

And 2.3.1 is now out, fixing this :)

joao

Note: You need to be logged in to post in the forums.

© 2024 Haversine