Haversine Forums -> AirTrack - General Issues and Support

Multiple devices?

Posted on January 2, 2012 18:35 by Plaztikman

I am hoping to create a cockpit for flight sim x but instead of using multiple monitors for my game. I would like to use upto 5 iPads and load Airtrack on each device as put the different windows on each one... Is this possible, will fsx support multiple sessions of airtrack on multiple devices?

Thanks so much

Posted on January 3, 2012 00:31 by haversine

Hi,

In general, yes, you can use as many iPads as you want and connect them all to the same flight simulator session.

The only occasion when this doesn't work is when multicast doesn't work in a particular network and you're forced to use manual configuration via the airtrack.ini file.

So in summary, if you didn't have to enter any IP address in a file, and if AirTrack is running fine with one iPad, it should also run fine with 2, 3, 4, 5 iPads too ... there is no limit.

Enjoy the app!
joao @ airtrack team

Posted on February 20, 2012 23:04 by melancthon

Exactly what I'm hoping to hear - I'm in charge of the flight sim competition for my wife's school (and was the state contact for it a couple years back) and being able to present a virtual cockpit setup using iPads the school already has, as opposed to dropping a couple of hundred dollars on panels (which _are_ nice, but this is nicer) is great. The only hard part is figuring out how to mount iPads - I know, velcro!

Posted on July 7, 2012 06:54 by rlanssiers

I am a happy user of AirTrack on iPad 2 combined with my Air Account. It happens I also have an (older) iPod Touch lying around that I would like to use for my home sim. I installed AirTrack on it but am unable to access my Air Account data from the iPod Touch. I always get the message "SERVICE UNAVAILABLE" when I set it online. It does not make a difference with AirTrack on the iPad running or not. Is AirTrack not usable on an Ipod Touch?

Posted on July 7, 2012 08:01 by haversine

Hi,

It should work but there seemed to be an incompatibility with the older iOS used in your iPod touch. I just made some changes and it should now work.

If you still have problems let me know,

joao @ airtrack team

Posted on July 7, 2012 08:10 by rlanssiers

Hi Joao,

Indeed it works fine now. And what a quick service! Many thanks.

Rony

Posted on July 7, 2012 09:56 by haversine

Glad to hear that :) Sorry for the trouble! Thanks for spotting it!

joao

Posted on May 6, 2019 16:16 by kdablack95

hello
on my both ipad airtrack doesn't connect again with my user account
it was okay since year impossible to connect my 3 ipad - only the ipad 3 can connect to my account

Posted on May 13, 2019 11:18 by haversine

Hello,

It should definitely be possible to connect as many devices as you want to the air account. Please double check the username you're using is correct and there are no spelling differences or lower/upper case differences.

If the problem persists please contact me via the support page of this web site so I can try and debug what could be wrong and get back to you via email.

joao @ haversine

Posted on May 14, 2019 07:09 by Krisdaddy

hello
on my both ipad Generation 1 airtrack doesn't connect again with my user account
it was okay last year but now impossible to connect my 3 ipad - only the ipad generation 3 can connect to my account
i have retry connect disconnect with my user registration None Answer of the server to synchronized
i can't up to date my airac on this ipad generation 1

Posted on May 14, 2019 14:58 by haversine

Ahh, sorry.

Unfortunately the API that gave access to the first versions of AirTrack is no longer supported at the server side which has been upgraded security wise.

The iPad 1's last supported iOS version is 5.1.1 which sadly cannot be developed for anymore as Apple's SDKs don't support (current iOS version is 12.2), so it wasn't and isn't possible to release a new version for this iPad model.

I'm very sorry for this limitation; the old AirTrack version can still be used for most of its part with the plugin and a flight simulator but unfortunately those features that rely on the server side require a more recent version and consequently a newer iPad model.

The current minimum iOS for AirTrack to run is 9 which is still supported in all iPad devices except for its very first model :(

apologies for the limitation,
joao @ haversine

Posted on July 24, 2020 18:30 by mikedintampa

X-Plane 11, two new iPads, bith logged in and online "signed in" main PC in on the same network as the iPads, yet dont see any connection choice in Settings under flight data.

Plugin on Main PC in X-Plane 11 is AUTO

no connection. BUT when i enter the ip address to each one of the iPads it connects. is there a setting besides AUTO i should put in? how can I punt in two ip addresses?

Posted on July 25, 2020 09:19 by haversine

@mikedintampa this might be due to some router or computer setting blocking multicast packets to flow (which are required for the AUTO function). You can check these in your router configuration.

But if not, there is a hidden way of adding multiple IP addresses yes :)

Leave the configuration on AUTO and edit the text file X-Plane X/Resources/plugins/HaversineAir.cfg and add lines such as:

APP-IP=X.X.X.X
APP-IP=X.X.X.Y

with the IP addresses of the iPads. This has the same effect as entering the IP address in the box in the plugin widget but can be repeated multiple times for multiple devices.

If you have the chance of setting fixed IP addresses for each of the iPads in your router's DHCP based on their mac addresses the addresses won't change and so you won't need to update this file every time.

hope this helps,
joao @ haversine

Posted on July 25, 2020 18:32 by mikedintampa

I entered in the ip list in HaversineAir.cfg, but it will only broadcast to the first ip address on the list, not both. yet when I edit the plugin in the running x-plane to the 2nd ipad ip address it connects to the second with a connection to the first, meaning its connected and working for both iPads. But I still have to do these manual steps in x-plane to connect to both iPads.

I disabled all firewalls on the PC and the router as a test, yest still in the same situation with AirTrack.

I have a third iPad running AirFMC, which works perfectly, since the app has the "Call" feature where I can enter the ip of the main PC, it connects flawlessly.

Posted on July 28, 2020 12:23 by haversine

Strange, I just tried here entering three IPs and it seems to work. Did you enter one APP-IP line per IP?

For example:

DESTINATION-IP=AUTO
APP-IP=172.20.10.66
APP-IP=172.20.10.67
APP-IP=172.20.10.68

Anyway glad it is working one way or another.

---
Your router or some setting probably doesn't allow multicast to be propagated to the WiFi network between stations (iPads) and computer running X-Plane. Some routers block or don't forward this. Another possibility is if you have multiple interfaces and your internet default connection on another interface. In this case the multicast packets will be sent out on another interface and not reach the iPads.

You can fix this by adding a static route on your computer to the interface where you have the iPads for the IP address 239.224.224.1

Something like: route add 239.224.224.1/32

UDP packets are currently sent to this IP address on ports:

2424 - AirTrack
2425 - AirFMC
2426 - AirEFB

---

As for the CALL feature, yes indeed AirFMC has this which is the reverse (the connection is initiated by the app) but AirTrack doesn't I'm afraid :(

---
happy flying,
joao @ haversine

Posted on July 29, 2020 01:03 by Plaztikman

I cant believe I made this post over 8 years who and its still active

Hope your both on my FS2020 group ;)

Regards

Matt H

Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1066657780204742/?ref=share

Posted on July 29, 2020 10:18 by haversine

Sorry to wake you or anyone up hehe; this forum system sends a notify to all participants in a thread whenever someone adds something new and there is currently no close function. But I've just added the possibility of disabling email notifies in the user settings once logged in for those who don't want to receive updates.

As for FS2020 looking forward to it and to start working on a possible new plugin for it for the apps. If you hear anything about how to interface with it SDK wise let us know and I'll start looking.

fun flights,
Joao

Note: You need to be logged in to post in the forums.

© 2024 Haversine