Haversine Forums -> AirFMC - General Issues and Support

Font Issue

Posted on December 19, 2013 05:45 by snakeyez11

There seems to be a font issue when using AirFMC with the 777-200. In the legs page, a little square with an X through it is displayed in place of the degree symbol. See this screenshot: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2606391/airfmc1.png

I've also noticed that when using the app with the A320neo, there is a character that gets cut off on the right on the row where you enter the Flex setting (ie if you enter F56 it displays F5. The 6 gets cut off).

Other than that I've found that this app is great so far.

Posted on December 19, 2013 11:49 by haversine

Thanks very much for reporting these. I will get to work and have them fixed :)

thanks,
joao

Posted on December 19, 2013 13:05 by haversine

Hi again,

Sorry to come back to you on this. I am trying to replicate the problems but don't quite seem to be able to ... So I'm wondering if you could help.

Concerning the first problem, it is related to the character encoding of the degree symbol. Problem is I just launched X-Plane and AirFMC here, opened the 777, entered a couple of waypoints in a route and the degree symbol appears fine here. So perhaps it is related to a different version/OS or something.

Could you let me know your platforms, just to compare?

- OS Version / platform
- X-Plane version / platform
- Boeing 777 version
- iPad selected region / language

It seems to run fine here on Mac OS X Mavericks, X-Plane 10.25 b4bit, B777 1.5.1 and iPad with British English regional settings.

---

About the A320, I got it. It seems that sometimes the A320 uses an extra column on the MCDU screen and these characters get cut off. I'll fix this in the next version.

thanks,
joao

Posted on December 20, 2013 18:47 by snakeyez11

Hi Joao,

Here is the info you requested:

x-plane 10.25 64-bit
Boeing 777-200LR v1.5.1 (regular version, not extended or freighter)
iPad region is currently set to Canada

Let me know if you need anything else and thank you for looking into these issues.

Regards,
Jose

Posted on December 21, 2013 10:25 by haversine

Thanks!
The only thing I can think of is that the 777 uses a different character encoding in Windows than it does in Mac. I'm trying to install a Windows OS to see if I can reproduce the problem :)

thanks,
joao

Posted on December 21, 2013 20:01 by haversine

Seems windows was not the problem.

So I just tried something else on an old iPad and found it; let me guess, you have either iOS 5.x or 6.x and not 7.x right?

I'll fix it in the next version 1.1 which is nearly ready, just before I commit it, could you tell me which iOS you have, just so that I can put the proper filtering?

thanks a lot for your help and for finding this,
joao

Posted on December 22, 2013 07:21 by snakeyez11

I have a first gen iPad running iOS 5.1.1 so that must be it.

Good job and thanks!

Posted on December 30, 2013 21:59 by haversine

Hi Jose,

Just to let you know, AirFMC 1.1 i now out with both issues corrected.

thanks for bringing them up,
joao

Note: You need to be logged in to post in the forums.

© 2024 Haversine