Haversine Forums -> AirFMC - General Issues and Support

AirFMC issue with JARDesign A320 and UFMC

Posted on January 4, 2014 03:56 by CaryTheLabelGuy

Hello. First off, let me say that this app is great and is very much appreciated by me. I love using it as it makes my flying a lot easier.

However, I have several bugs that I wanted to report:

JarDesign A320: This plugin will sometimes crash X-Plane when initializing the approach phase in the FMGS (FMC), through the AirFMC app. This has happened on several occasions, now. I've even disabled all other non-essential plugins and have narrowed this issue down to the AirFMC plugin. When I disable the AirFMC plugin, I have no issues. X-Plane will freeze and crash only when initializing approach phase.

UFMC: In the LEGS page, I'm seeing random $$ in the SPD section of the SPD/ALT restrictions ($$250/10 instead of the proper 250/10000, for instance). Because of these $$ signs, its pushing the last few digits off the edge so the are not readable. Some waypoints will have them and some won't. It's very random.

Also, would it be possible to change the skin of the FMC (from a Boeing-esque skin from the default Airbus skin)?

My rig: Mac OSX 10.7.5, X-Plane 10 10.25 64bit, AirFMC 1.1, AirFMC plugin 4.1

Let me know if you need anything else.

Posted on January 4, 2014 12:38 by haversine

Hi,

Thanks for reporting!

About the A320, could you see and tell me what it says at the bottom of the Log.txt page after X-Plane crash ? It should say what caused the crash. But in essence, this sounds like an A320 bug; basically AirFMC simply detects your key presses and sends them to the A320 on the appropriate dataref. So if pressing the same key works most times but at some point causes a crash, that is likely because the A320 didn't take that command too well (or perhaps the memory zone is no longer available, etc).

I could be wrong but sounds like an A320 bug, I can send it to JAR. Have you found a pattern that causes the crashes or is it only sometimes randomly? If so, could you let me know which?

---

About the UFMC, again this sounds like a UFMC issue too; AirFMC just reads the lines of the screen from a dataref and displays them, so if you're seeing extra $$$ symbols it is probably because they are there in UFMC to be read. But I'll check it. Is there any special setup that you have that I could use in order to replicate it / get to the same page?

---

About the Airbus skin, I'll add it to the wish list :)

enjoy the app,
joao @ haversine

Note: You need to be logged in to post in the forums.

© 2024 Haversine