Haversine Forums -> AirFMC - General Issues and Support

JARDesign A330 Support

Posted on April 30, 2015 08:13 by jiggyb2

H there,
Will we be seeng support for the A330soon? I was really hoping it would be similar enough to the A320neo to still work at least partially, but unfortunately not. Maybe it will be easier to add support though?

Thanks!

Posted on April 30, 2015 17:10 by vangelis131

Hi there,
I am using A320 neo by JAR for xplane and your software perfoms just fine. Recently I added A330, also by jar. The last is using the same FMGS as the A320 NEO but AirFMC , allthought it connects with the xplane, does not display the FMGS of the A330.
Any suggestions? Do you support the A330 by JAR, which has the same FMGS with the A320 neo?

Thanks.

Posted on April 30, 2015 17:29 by jiggyb2

According to JARDesigns, this has been fixed for the next version of the A330.

Posted on April 30, 2015 19:54 by haversine

Hi,

Support for the new A330 coming soon to AirFMC ...

Standby for a plugin update :)

joao @ haversine

Posted on October 23, 2015 20:57 by Old_As_Dirt

Any word on the update for the JAR Design A330?

Posted on October 24, 2015 12:16 by haversine

There have been some problems with the A330 in that it currently has a bug that causes the lines on the MCDU screen to be mixed up (with different content pages overlapping each other) so for the time being the A330's support is on hold.

The current HSAIR Plugin should support the A330 but with this bug above. I've reported it to JAR Design a few times last of which was this week and they are looking at it and will hopefully correct it.

So the current plugin supports the A330 but there is a problem in the plane that needs to be fixed by a newer version of the A330. JAR Design are looking at it.

Posted on October 24, 2015 12:28 by Old_As_Dirt

Thank you for your prompt response. I will monitor JAR Design's site for this update.

Posted on October 25, 2015 01:05 by Old_As_Dirt

Just found a recent notice in JAR Design board saying that they had fixed their end but AirFMC needs to update their Apple APP.

I am confused????

Posted on October 25, 2015 15:37 by haversine

Hi, how recent is it? Could you send me a link to it or its title?

This issue has been around for a while; I thought / been told it had been fixed but apparently it hasn't t and we've been getting reports of mixed-up FMC screens with the A330 :( Is this the issue you are observing or is it something else?

If so I messaged JAR design this past week (22nd of Oct) and they said they'd look into it, so I'm waiting for feedback.

Here's the essence of it from what I could gather:

The A330 (and A320) represent the FMC screen in strings. One string per line/colour combination. So one line of the FMC screen is formed by overlapping the contents of multiple strings, each using its colour, so the end result is an FMC line which can comprise text in different colours. These strings are accessed using something called data refs which are kind of pointers to them.

The current HSAIR plugin should be ready for the A330 if it wasn't for this issue AFAIK. It reads what is on these strings/datarefs and constructs a multi-coloured screen which it sends to AirFMC. So it sends exactly what it reads.

In fact, the current plugin uses the same lines of code used for the A320 since the data refs are the same with the exception of the ones for the yellow colour which didn't exist in the A320 and which may indeed be causing the problem.

Now when you switch a page in the FMC, these strings must be cleared before they are filled with the contents of the new page. On the last screenshots I got the yellow content lines weren't being cleared by the A330 when they should so they overlapped other content and created a mixed-up screen.

AirFMC and its plugin do not know what should and should not be cleared since they have no intelligence of their own; they just present what is available to be read :(

I could be wrong and missing something of course, but have been looking at it again and again and this seems to be the issue.

Is this the problem you are observing? And in particular, does it relate to yellow lines ?

let me know,
hopefully I'll hear something back from JAR too,
joao @ haversine

Posted on October 25, 2015 17:27 by Old_As_Dirt

Actually - when I went back and looked at it again and deciphered the date - it was posted in May 2015, but here it is:

<<>>
<<>>

As I interpret it, he is saying that an iPad software update was necessary to make it work. Yes, I have been seeing posts elsewhere that the A330 CDU is prone to mixing lines, even when being operated normally - i.e. - with the mouse within the program.

Since this post was subsequent to your last Apple update, it appeared that it was still awaiting your input.

Sorry if I misinterpreted.

Posted on October 25, 2015 18:27 by haversine

Aha ok well two different things then, sorry for confusing them :(

1) Support for the A330 in the plugin (you don't need an update of AirFMC the app itself, just the plugin, but JAR probably wasn't aware of that).

This has been supported for a while since probably May or June and also definitely built into the latest plugin 4.3.3 which you can download from http://haversine.com/downloads

2) The issue with the mixed screen lines; this is a bug and users keep reporting it. It kind of makes AirFMC unusable at least partially and can only be solved on the A330. We're waiting for this to be fixed so that the A330 can be added again to the list of supported planes for AirFMC.

Hopefully will be fixed soon, but you can download the plugin straight away and start using it, running the risk of hitting the mixed up screen.

fun flights,
joao

Posted on October 25, 2015 18:46 by Old_As_Dirt

Thanks

1. I have - downloaded the plugin
2. I have - hit the mixed up screen.
3. I will - be patient and wait for the JAR Design fix.

Thanks again.

John

Posted on March 28, 2018 05:36 by boastler

Most recent release of the A330 has stopped AirFMC from working. It says it can't access the .acf file. Any idea if there will be a fix?

Posted on March 28, 2018 16:11 by haversine

Sorry, this is a know issue. JAR Design re-wrote the FMS engine I believe with the latest version 3 of the A330, and this new version doesn't have the datarefs required to access it yet and so it stopped working.

We're in contact with JD about this and a fix will definitely follow shortly.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
joao

Posted on March 28, 2018 16:22 by boastler

Excellent, thank you for the response!

Note: You need to be logged in to post in the forums.

© 2024 Haversine