Haversine Forums -> AirFMC - General Issues and Support

FF777

Posted on May 11, 2016 15:38 by Loconnorvirtual

Hi,

Thanks for the updated app I downloaded it as soon as it notified me. I'm having an issue using it with the FF777 though. I connect to XP through the app and it displays the FMC but not any display. The buttons on screen can control the aircraft FMC but the display is blank. I've tried auto connect, manually setting IP and I don't have any firewall restrictions. Any ideas?

Thank,
Liam

Posted on May 11, 2016 18:10 by haversine

Whoops, entirely my fault, my apologies!

At some point in time Apple introduced a security scheme for apps that make HTTP connections whereby these have to be specifically allowed and based on SSL by default.

In the making of this new version I had completely forgotten that the 777 (and indeed the 757 and CRJ) use a non-standard scheme to fetch the contents of the CDU screen; they make an HTTP connection to X-Plane on port 18387.

As AirFMC was compiled with the latest Apple SDK, this connection got blocked by this new setting with:

"Transport Security has Blocked a cleartext HTTP"

I've fixed this in a new version 1.3.1 which I just sent to Apple; so as soon as this update is approved you'll have a new version 1.3.1 to download which fixes it. For the time being I removed 1.3 from the App store to avoid breaking it for other people who might not have updated yet.

Again sorry for the problem and thanks for bringing it to my attention.
joao

Posted on May 11, 2016 18:18 by Loconnorvirtual

Ahh I see. No worries and thanks for the explanation. As helpful as ever Joao

Thanks
Liam

Posted on May 13, 2016 07:05 by haversine

Hi Liam,

1.3.1 is now out available for download on the App store and should fix it :)

fun flights,
joao

Posted on May 13, 2016 16:24 by Loconnorvirtual

And it does!

Thanks Joao

Posted on October 30, 2017 08:53 by Dcp9142

And it’s broke again. Same issue in version 1.5, FF757 and CRJ200 blank screens. Zibo and SSG 747-8i both good. So how do we fix?

Posted on October 30, 2017 11:01 by haversine

Nothing has changed recently and it has been working fine including with iOS 11.

It may be due to a firewall, anti-virus or router's firmware that started blocking incoming TCP connections from the iPad to your X-Plane computer on port 18387, as these 3 planes share a common way of retrieving the screen lines that is based on that. Could you check that?

You can also try connecting from Safari on your iPad to your computer's IP address on this port; if nothing is blocking you should see an FMC there too.

http://your-computers-ip-address:18387/

hope this helps,
joao

Note: You need to be logged in to post in the forums.

© 2024 Haversine