Haversine Forums -> AirPlugin - The Haversine Air X-Plane Plugin

CPflight MCP integrated driver?

Posted on March 17, 2017 22:25 by phehk

Hi Joao, fairly recently I read in the release notes that CPflight MCP is supported by the plugin. I'm puzzled and hopeful at the same time: I am looking for a MCP that I could use on X-Plane running on Linux. Are you saying that if I buy a MCP737 PRO or EL and plug it in, that it would basically 'work' ? I assume that would be the USB versions of the MCP, not the latest PRO2 that is Ethernet based?

Thanks. Cheers, Edwin.

Posted on March 18, 2017 07:43 by haversine

Hi Edwin,

Yep, that's what I have (+EFIS module). I used to have a separate plugin for it but couldn't be bothered with maintaining two plugins so joined them in one as a lot of the code is common.

Having an MCP is great, I couldn't do without one anymore :)

As long as you can see the MCP Pro's USB port on /dev/xxxxx you can configure the plugin to read from that port and it will just work :) You should easily get this in Linux as the MCP has a pretty standard USB chip / driver.

I tried to add support for as many planes as possible in addition to the default ones, so the MCP also works with extra planes like the 777 from flight factor, the x737 and so on.

Any questions let me know,
joao

Posted on March 21, 2017 15:13 by phehk

Hi Joao,

That sounds very promising. Guess I'll have to start saving :-) Do you happen to know if it works with the MCP737 EL as well? I know that one is not as solid as the PRO, but the price difference is quite large.

Thanks!

Cheers, Edwin.

Posted on March 22, 2017 13:41 by haversine

It does work with the EL version too. The commands are the same and I once had someone with one testing and confirming it works fine :)

Posted on November 4, 2017 23:20 by phehk

Hi Joao,

I just bought a MCP+EFIS second hand; it seems to be a version prior to the EL; it's USB and when it starts, it displays "rel 208" in the VERT SPEED and COURSE windows. Easily identified the device /dev/ttyUSB0 in Linux, but doesn't seem to work with your plugin in X-Plane 11.

After initialization, the unit digits are dimmed and when turning LEFT CRS or ALT in the X-Plane virtual cockpit, the values in the MCP are updated, so some data is written to it. The other MCP are not updated, but there is some communication at least.

The other way around however, not even a single input on the MCP updates the virtual cockpit in X-Plane. At some point even, the MCP backlight starts blinking and it seems to hang.

Does this make any sense? Is this a firmware issue with the MCP? Any thoughts? Any hope?

Thanks!

Cheers, Edwin

Posted on November 4, 2017 23:30 by haversine

Hi,

Hmmm.. I'm not sure really as I've never known any other version previous to EL. It maybe that the firmware / SDK is different and that may well be what's causing it not to respond :(

I'll email you the SDK I based the plugin on and maybe you can test it and see if the commands are recognised.

Note: You need to be logged in to post in the forums.

© 2024 Haversine